May those who call you Savior and Lord honor you as Lord and Savior above all others on this historic day in our nation.
May those who desire to live out your character in this world...
- Show kindness to the foreigner and immigrant at our table whether or not the powers that be in our nation decide to do so.
- Show compassion to the fatherless and the widow whether policies are in their favor or not.
- Love our enemies whether they are blue, red, or green; elephants or donkeys; Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Green and may we pray for their well being and that we both are drawn farther into truth.
- Call for justice but not haughtily invoke it.
- Acknowledge that yours is a kingdom which refuses to hold fast to the borders of our nations but reaches hands across to all countries and continents.
- Know that America is a country rich in history and diversity but also tarnished and wounded by not dignifying many moments and people
- Love people from conception to grave regardless of our differences with their creeds, colors, cultures and the like.
- Pray for and honor our leaders of all political leanings and nudge them toward your heart and mind.
Our citizenship is dual but if we must choose one may it be yours where sight for the blind, freedom for the prisoner, healing for the sick, and proclaiming good news exist and invades all empires and kingdoms with your goodness.
Thank you for the beautiful country in which we live. Help us remember, however, that you created its Rocky Mountains and Mississipi River and that its ours to care for and not control for selfish purposes. Its ours to share but not exploit. Thank you for its rich forests, deserts, beaches, gulfs, islands, and inlets.